- It is easy to send a concern, feedback or complaint to the secretariat. Simply email the firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message to the complaints focal point via a personal contact at the secretariat or by mail or phone. (See #9 and go to the policy, page 8, for contact details.)
- Don’t worry; we are trained on how to handle complaints, particularly the sensitive ones, with the utmost care and confidentiality.
- We want to know about any violations in the code of conduct, breaches of any ACT policy or even a concern about the quality of work you may have.
- You will hear back from us within ten days of our receipt of your concern.
- Did you know that all employees of ACT members and the secretariat are required to report allegations, concerns or suspicions of breaches related to abuse, exploitation and fraud and corruption?
- There are some types of complaints we don’t accept, such as those received six months after the alleged incident. (See #9 and go to the policy, pages 6-7, for more details.)
- We aim for all ACT members to have their own functioning, safe & accessible complaints mechanism for staff and communities. (See #9 and go to the guidelines, pages 4-10, for how-to guidance.)
- Ensure your communities know how to raise a concern or complaint; the ACT complaints mechanism is also meant for them – help them access us if the need arises!
Top 8 things to know about the ACT complaints mechanism