Consultancy May – June 2021
Location: Home-based, no travel expected
Type of Contract: Consultancy
Languages required: English
Consultancy start target date: 15th May 2021
Duration of Contract: 6-week contract, max. 3 days per week, total of 15 days
Application deadline: 1/05/2021
About ACT Alliance Climate Justice Programme
ACT Alliance is the largest coalition of Protestant and Orthodox churches and church-related organisations engaged in humanitarian, development and advocacy work in the world, consisting of more than 130 members working together in over 120 countries to create positive and sustainable change in the lives of poor and marginalised people regardless of their religion, politics, gender, sexual orientation, race or nationality in keeping with the highest international codes and standards.
Terms of reference
ACT Alliance would like to engage a consultant for developing the text of the 2020 Annual Report as described within these Terms of Reference.
The ACT Annual report is a 32-page glossy publication with brief stories covering highlights of its range of work. The consultant will be responsible for developing text of the stories, the General Secretary’s letter, and facts and figures for infographics from available ACT data. The general format for the 2020 Annual Report will be similar to the 2019 Annual Report (https://actalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/AR_2019_EN.pdf) with some variation on topics for some pages (see outline below).
The work will be undertaken using material provided by ACT (2020 annual reporting documents, Forum reports, Reference Groups, ACT website, etc) as well as through conversations with key Secretariat staff for additional information.
The consultant will provide text stories covering:
- General Secretary Letter
- “By the numbers” infographic text
- Humanitarian spend breakdown
- ACT 10th anniversary brief story
- COVID-19: overview and 2 brief stories
- Four regions with two brief stories each
- Five thematics with highlights and brief story
- Forums: overview story and highlights
- Reference Groups and Communities of Practice: overview story and list of chairs
- Quality and Accountability: overview story and highlights
Qualifications and experience
The consultant shall have as minimum:
- At least 2 years’ experience in writing corporate content for NGO or government customers.
- Good understanding of ACT Alliance/ecumenical work
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Only registered consultants or companies shall be considered. Qualified and interested parties should send their tender application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 24.00 CET 1/05/2021
In your tender, please include:
- Expression of Interest, including time estimation
- CV of the consultant
- Justification of consultancy or company registration.
- Samples of / or links to previous consultancy work completed
- List of 3 professional reference persons
- Financial offer: gross daily rate for the consultancy in USD, EURO or CHF – including administrative overheads, taxes and charges.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted