Position: Director for Theology, Mission and Justice in the Department for Theology, Mission and Justice
Place of Assignment: Geneva, Switzerland
Starting Date: 1 January 2020
Duration of Contract: Initial contract of 5 years
The Department for Theology, Mission and Justice (DTMJ) is primarily responsible for programs and themes geared towards supporting the presence and witness of the member churches of the Lutheran World Federation globally and locally. DTMJ also houses the advocacy unit of the LWF.
DTMJ sets the theological foundation of the LWF’s work. Its programs are grouped into Theological Studies, Church in Mission and Action for Justice.
- Degree in Theology with specialization in areas such as systematic theology, mission and diakonia.
- Qualification in management studies.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; French, German, Spanish would be an asset.
Additional study and experience
- Successful experience of at least eight years in an international environment and in a position involving mission, theological reflection, as well as management / program management in a church, a related agency or ecumenical organization.
- Solid experience within a LWF MC in at least one related topic.
- Demonstrated excellent capacity to develop interpersonal working relationships at both strategic and operational levels.
- Proven ability to lead and interact with multi-cultural and multi-professional teams.
Candidates for this position require an endorsement by the Lutheran member church of his-her country.
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2019
To apply, click on the following link: