In June 2023 Community World Service Asia (CWSA) launched a digital campaign to promote quality in humanitarian action. The campaign “Dignified Assistance in Every Crisis”, which is still running, aims at strengthening the understanding of humanitarian principles among field workers, emergency responders and local civil society.
« As a regional and national focal point for quality and accountability standards, CWSA is focusing on activities that aim at strengthening the capacity of local NGOs, as well as the availability and use of contextualised resources, techniques, and procedures to reinforce systemic and cultural changes, » said Palwashay Arbarb, Head of Communications at CWSA.
Although focused on the local context and translated into local languages, the English version of the campaign, which is currently running on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook, is available for all ACT members to circulate.
« We really urge our partners in ACT Alliance, and its network in Pakistan, to widely circulate the content of this campaign to ensure humanitarian response in the country at all levels is safe, people- centered and dignified. », concluded Palwashay Arbarb.
Please, find some key resources here:
- What are Humanitarian Standards? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nds7SWj0ys
- Sphere minimum standards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnQV63k07TU
- Humanitarian Code of Conduct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xosu_dW7CLs
- What is in the new sphere handbook 2018?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01PHMGrmpWE
- Introduction to the core humanitarian standard (CHS): https://youtu.be/dAkxy3o9vDY