Monday, November 8
Loss and Damage will be an important part of the COP27 agenda.
Do you need strong visuals and knowledgeable quotes/points you can use in your stories on Loss and Damage?
Join ACT Alliance, Christian Aid and members of other faith-based organisations for a skit with visuals that will show loss and damage from the perspective of communities in the Global South in a simple and direct way.
The action will illustrate the difficulties that Global South countries have being heard by wealthier nations about their need for funding on Loss and Damage. It will further show the issues that many developing nations have with:
- the current climate finance situation,
- the need for transparent and accountable financing, and
- an increased share of existing climate finance for adaptation work.
When: Monday, November 8, 1:35pm.
Where: Zone D, between pavilion 4C and 4D
Interviews can be made available with
- Rudelmar Bueno de Faria, General Secretary, ACT Alliance
- Julius Mbatia, Kenya. Climate Justice Manager, ACT Alliance.
- Patriciah Roy Akulloh, Uganda. ACT Alliance Climate Justice Group Co-chair
MEDIA CONTACT: Simon Chambers, ACT Alliance, +44 7423 277 440