Duty station: Amman, Jordan, the candidate should have the right to live and work in Jordan
Contract duration: one year (with possibility of extension depending on funds and performance)
Worktime: 80/100% FTE
Target start date: to be determined
Reports to: Director of Operations
Languages required: English, other languages are an asset
Experience: minimum 3 to 5 years
Application deadline: 3 November 2023
About ACT Alliance
ACT Alliance is one of the world’s largest coalition of churches and church-related organisations engaged in humanitarian, development and advocacy work. It consists of 148 members working together in over 120 countries, with headquarters in 73 countries, whose aim is to create a positive and sustainable change in the lives of poor and marginalised people regardless of their religion, politics, gender, sexual orientation, race or nationality in keeping with the highest international codes and standards. 64% of our members are headquartered in the Global South, 30% in the Global North, and 6% are Global members. For more details about the general work of ACT, please refer to http://www.actalliance.org.
Major Function: ACT Alliance is looking for a Human Resources Officer (HRO) to provide contract and recruitment support to staff and managers in all regions of the world where its Secretariat operates and to assist the with implementation of HR Projects and HR Policy and practice improvements under the guidance of the Director of Operations. Link to ToR.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Recruitment: Management of recruitment process (drafting Job Descriptions, posting advertisements online, filtering applications, providing recommendations on shortlisting, coordinating tests, setting up and co-conducting interviews, reference checking, drawing up contracts, organising orientation and training of new staff, etc.). Work with Communications to ensure correct profiling of ACT on its website as an employer.
- Contract Administration: Oversee the contract administration process and ensure that it is proactive, accurate, and efficient (preparation of staff and consultancy contracts, ToRs and their review, maintenance of master lists and filing, etc.). Assist with annual end of year global salary benchmarking and salary revision process.
- HR Platform: Provide support for continued implementation of and improvements to ACT’s HR Platform.
- Staff Care: Support actions to improve staff wellbeing and duty of care.
- Performance Management: Administrate ACT’s annual Performance Management cycle.
- Learning and Development: Review current L&D policy and practices and suggest and support concrete actions to improve and activate staff L&D opportunities.
- Other HR support: attend relevant working groups, networks and events within and outside the ACT Secretariat; other tasks as required.
Competences and behaviours
- Committed to the values of the ACT Alliance and takes pride in delivering on agreed priorities according to the highest standards individually and as part of a global team.
- Proactively finds innovative and creative solutions, is efficient and reliable, adapts to change and uncertainty, is decisive and acts with integrity.
- Builds effective internal and external relationships, involves others when solving problems and treats others with consideration and respect in an alliance where faith is a key ingredient of people’s lives.
- Passion for building and developing core skills for the role and contributes knowledge outside of immediate own role.
- Reports to the Director of Operations.
- Engages with the ACT Secretariat staff and the Staff Representative Group as relevant.
- Supports ACT Secretariat Managers and Directors on staffing matters.
Technical skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum three years’ work experience in Human Resources, preferably within an NGO environment.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to operate effectively with a high degree of independence.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- High degree of tact, discretion, and good judgement to effectively manage sensitive and confidential issues.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English required. Fluency or working knowledge of French, Spanish or other languages would be a strong asset.
HOW TO APPLY
ACT provides equitable compensation and pension packages and flexible working conditions. ACT also applies a non-discriminatory approach to recruitment and celebrates a diverse workforce. Interested and qualified candidates should send only their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to email@example.com by 3 November 2023 (24.00 CET). Please put “Senior Global HR Officer” in the subject line and name your documents: “Firstname lastname CV” and “Firstname lastname Cover letter”.
Please note that ACT adheres to the SCHR misconduct scheme https://www.schr.info/the-misconduct-disclosure-scheme. As part of reference checking, ACT will contact the current and former employer(s) of the preferred candidate, asking them to complete a Statement of Conduct form.