ACT Alliance is recruiting a Logistics/Operations Officer
The Logistics and Operations Officer plays an imperative role in delivering on of the strategic aim of the ACT Alliance: “A Robust Alliance”. The position supports delivery of operational functions related to logistics, governance liaison as well as the IT strategy for a decentralized Secretariat. In addition, this position also ensures HR support to the Head of Finance and Administration. The position will report to the Head of Finance and Administration and will entail some travelling.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities related to this position are divided in three main categories:
a) Coordination of planning and logistics for meetings
- Plan and organize the big annual meetings of the Secretariat such as the ExCom meetings, the Governing Board meetings and the Advisory Group meetings and other ad-hoc meetings that might take place.
- Review and costing of venues
- Preparations and management of agenda in liaison with COO/HoFA/HoP
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of relevant documents
- Work with the Office assistant to ensure logistics preparations for major meetings
- Liaise with Board members as necessary
b) Coordination of Operations
- Coordination of operations related to a decentralized Secretariat
- Coordination of requirements for various stakeholders
- Liaison with service provider
- Follow up on configuration including testing
- Be the key account manager of IT hosting/infrastructure service provider
- Coordinate administrative and operational issues of decentralized offices.
- MoU revisions
- Office issues
- Office equipment incl. IT
- Coordinate with the HoFA the implementation project of a collaborative IT platform
- Focal point for ACT hosts in regions (WCC, CWS, NCA, LWF)
- Other operations coordination as necessary in support of the core management team
c) Coordination and support to the Human Resources Function of the Secretariat
- Preparation of consultancy contracts
- Preparation of employment contracts
- Coordination of service providers related to salary and benefits (insurance, pension, work permits etc)
- Manage recruitment process including filtering applications and provide recommendations on initial shortlisting.
- Other HR support as required
Competences and behaviours
- Committed to the values of the ACT Alliance and takes pride in delivering on agreed priorities according to the highest standards individually and as part of a global team
- Proactively finds innovative and creative solutions, is efficient and reliable, adapts to change and uncertainty, is decisive and acts with integrity
- Builds effective internal and external relationships, involves others when solving problems and treats others with consideration and respect in an alliance where faith is a key ingredient of people’s lives
- Passion for building and developing core skills for the role and contributes knowledge outside of immediate own role
- Effectively motivates, influences and develops others, drives high performance, inspires people to follow them and acts as a role model
- Liaises with ACT Governing Board and ExCom members for preparation of governance meetings.
- Engages with the ACT secretariat programme’s team and liaises with other staff as relevant
- Liaises with the Director/COO, Head of Finance and Administration, Head of Programmes on relevant operational issues
- Reports to Head of Finance and Administration
- Technical skills and experience
- A minimum of five to seven years of relevant work experience in an international environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications and negotiation skills
- Ability to achieve in highly networked environment and to turn strategies into plans and actions
- Relevant academic degree, management, business administration
- Excellent knowledge of English and French, working knowledge of Spanish an asset
The position is recruited locally and for candidates with a valid work permit in Switzerland. If you are interested kindly submit your CV, application letter and information about three potential references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday December 9. Kindly put Logistics/Operations Officer as a reference.