The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) has an opening in its Geneva offices for an
OFFICER FOR DIGITAL DATA MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING, MONITORING, EVALUATION AND REPORTING (PMER)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: Initial contract of 5 years
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2019
Extensive travel of more than 20 days per year
Candidates for this position require a church endorsement
The Department for World Service (DWS) is responsible for carrying out diaconal response to humanitarian emergencies and human needs on behalf of the Lutheran World Federation – a Communion of Churches (LWF). In pursuance of its responsibility and based on its strategy, DWS
- Operates together with and on behalf of the LWF member churches,
- Provides support of refugees, returnees, internally displaced people, their host communities and communities at risk, emphasizing livelihoods, quality services, protection and social cohesion,
- Establishes and runs country programs and emergency operations,
- Engages in cooperation and partnership with governmental and non-governmental organizations, the relevant United Nations agencies and other structures involved in humanitarian and development programs as they link to the WS mandate and represents the LWF in the ACT Alliance.
This position is part of a global Geneva-led PMER and QAA team, setting high quality and accountability standards, developing and ensuring that the necessary monitoring and evaluation systems, infrastructure, staff skills and knowledge are in place and constantly improving internal mechanisms related to compliance.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to quality programming, learning, and accountability for the DWS at all levels by:
- Leading the conceptualization and technical implementation related to digital data collection and management;
- Coordinating and supporting PMER processes at all levels (project, Country Program, and in Geneva);
- Enhancing the learning and capacity development of LWF World Service in Country Programs in PMER and data management.
- University degree in Economics, Statistics, Sociology or similar subjects with a strong emphasis on quantitative studies.
- Proficient in office suite, spread sheet and database.
- Proficient with online project management and collaborative tools.
- Proficient English. Working knowledge of French or Spanish would be an asset.
Additional Study and Experience
- Further training and expertise in Technology for Development
- Demonstrated experience managing cloud-based data collection and management systems
- Proficient and comfortable in managing and cleaning data and statistics, including large relational data sets
- At least 5 years working experience in a PMER / MEAL role, preferably within an internationally distributed team, in a development-oriented or NGO, preferably within a faith-based/ecumenical organization
LWF Core Skills
Achieving results – level high
Accountability – level high
Working effectively with others – level high
Analytical thinking – level high
Initiative – level high
Leadership – level confirmed
Planning, monitoring and evaluation methodology – level high
Popularization of technical jargon – level high
Communication – level high
Facilitation and coordination – level high
Coping with time pressure – level high
Training – level confirmed
Position Environment and Dimensions
Internally, as a member of a team of QAA, mainly interacts with World Service in Geneva and with QAA team members outside Geneva, with the Global Grants team, and globally with country programs technical staff in view of PMER and digitalisation.
Externally, interacts and cooperates with technical staff from related agencies, and other like-minded organisations.
Digital data management
Supports technically the roll out and review of the Global World Service Strategy, with a focus on indicator tracking and the collection and management of country results data.
Ensures the quality, usability and consistency of the data collected.
Leads the development of new digital data collection processes and coordinates the roll out and capacity building at field level.
Supports the efficient use of Newdea, LWF online PMER system for project management.
Facilitates and documents in-house planning processes.
Analyses gaps in and builds capacity of Country Programs PMER and data management processes (during travels, remote support).
Updates as needed guidance notes and other PMER materials on evaluation, peer-reviews and feedback mechanism of achievements to the grassroots.
Contribute to the development of tools and process for data collection and PMER quality checks in close collaboration with the Operations Team.
Support the development of tools and the daily coordination of the global QAA Team’s work.
To support efficient networking and coordination among the global QAA team, regional PMER focal points and within the Country Programs.
To ensure close cooperation with the Regional Program Coordinators in Geneva and the Country Programs, supporting efficient communication within the department and giving and receiving regular information specific to the QAA team.
To effectively and efficiently work with relevant colleagues globally to ensure that good quality data are collected and meaningful reports are produced and uploaded on time.
To apply, click on the following link: