The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) has an opening in its Geneva offices for an
OFFICER FOR DIGITAL DATA MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING, MONITORING, EVAULATION AND REPORTING (PMER)
IN THE DEPARTMENT FOR WORLD SERVICE
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
For additional information please see www.lutheranworld.org/content/about-dws
Starting date: as soon as possible
Closing date for applications: 8 June 2020
Average travel days per year: extensive (more than 20 days)
It should be noted that this is a local hire position
The Department for World Service (DWS) is responsible for carrying out diakonal response to humanitarian emergencies and human needs on behalf of the Lutheran World Federation – a Communion of Churches (LWF). In pursuance of its responsibility and based on its strategy, DWS:
- operates together with and on behalf of the LWF member churches,
- provides support to refugees, returnees, internally displaced people, their host communities and communities at risk, emphasizing livelihoods, quality services, protection and social cohesion,
- establishes and runs country programs and emergency operations,
- engages in cooperation and partnership with governmental and non-governmental organizations, relevant United Nations agencies and other structures involved in humanitarian and development programs as they link to the WS mandate, and represents LWF in the ACT Alliance.
Quality programming, learning, and accountability at all levels are key commitments in the Global Strategy of DWS. The main purpose of this position is to develop and support the implementation of these commitments, with particular responsibility for the digitalization of data management across LWF Country Programs.
In particular, the position holder:
- Leads the conceptualization and technical implementation of digital data collection and management across World Service.
- Enhances the learning and capacity development of LWF World Service in Country Programs in digitized data management for PMER.
- Builds internal practices and processes to ensure data quality and timeliness.
- Degree in Economics, Statistics, Business Analysis or a similar subject with a strong emphasis on quantitative research methodology.
- Additional qualification or proven experience working with cloud-based data management systems (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce, Amazon Web Services) and digital data collection tools (Kobo, Commcare, Survey CTO, Newdea, and others).
Additional Study and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in an NGO and/or faith-based/ecumenical organization with responsibilities in digitalized M&E systems or data collection and management.
- Proven expertise in managing digital data collection tools and processes.
- Proficiency in managing and structuring data for further use in dashboards.
- Proven experience with managing large relational data sets, like SQL.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proficient level of English; working knowledge of Spanish an asset.
LWF Core Skills
Achieving results – level high
Working effectively with others – level high
Analytical thinking – level high
Initiative – level high
Leadership – level confirmed
Accountability – level confirmed
Digital data management tools expertise – level high
Communication of technical jargon to non-technical people – level high
Management of big data – level confirmed
Capacity building – level confirmed
Report writing – level confirmed
Facilitation and coordination – level confirmed
Position Environment and Dimensions
Internally, as a member of a team of QAA, mainly interacts with World Service staff in Geneva and with QAA team members outside Geneva, with the Global Funding Team, and globally with Country Programs technical staff, in view of digitalisation of PMER processes.
Externally, interacts and cooperates with technical staff from related agencies, and other like-minded organisations.
Oversee and support the introduction and consistent use of digital data management across LWF Country/Emergency Programs, with a special focus on the use of Survey CTO and Newdea.
Lead the development of a Survey CTO question bank in line with strategic program areas of World Service.
Lead the design of dashboards to visualize field data in a timely and meaningful way and support the use in the field.
Support data analysis at country and global levels.
Processes and Tools Development
Analyze and support the change process from paper data collection to digitalized data collection at Country Program level.
Develop an SOP (Standard Operations Procedure) to institutionalize digitalized workflows for project management.
Actively research and advise on new developments in the field of Technology for Development.
Build capacity in digital PMER and data management processes across World Service.
Strengthen capacity of Survey CTO master-users in the design and management of the questionnaires across projects.
- To support efficient networking and coordination among the global QAA team and focal points in the Country Programs.
- To ensure close cooperation with the different teams and the Country Programs, supporting efficient communication within the department.
- To effectively and efficiently work with relevant colleagues globally to ensure that good quality data are collected and meaningful reports are produced and uploaded on-time.
To apply, click on the following link: