Finn Church Aid (FCA), is looking for a Project Manager – Based in Bangui, with frequent field trips to Ombella M’Poko – Central African Republic (CAR)
Areas of Responsibility:
- Overseeing the implementation of construction works of the specific project maintaining appropriate monitoring of progress of work according to contract schedules, specifications and project plans.
- Supervising technical staff and consultants assigned to project, and evaluating their performance on their assigned duties.
- Implementing an FCA construction-education project and providing support in planning and carrying out activities related to other FCA projects in CAR.
- Monthly Reporting and reporting to donors.
- Final reports and handover at the end of the Contract.
- Responsible use of project budgets and budget monitoring.
- Ensuring that procurement is done according to FCA guidelines and accountability principles.
- Supporting the implementation of construction and WASH components in other FCA projects in CAR if needed.
- Quality control of activities.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of specialization, Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline is an asset.
- 4-5 years proven site experience.
- Previous experience on large scale mixed development projects.
- Ability to effectively manage site programs and associated schedules to required deadlines.
- Proficiency in project budget control and planning techniques.
- Excellent record keeping skills coupled with the ability to effectively deal with designed issues.
- Experience of implementing Education in Emergencies projects in a post-conflict setting.
- Strong planning, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Strong skills in data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Good understanding of humanitarian approaches and standards and gender issues.
- Experience in cooperating and networking with LNGOs, INGOs, Governmental Institutions, Local Authorities, UN Agencies.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office package.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Proven team orientation skills and ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-cultural skills.
- Flexible and capable of working and living in challenging conditions in a multicultural environment.
- Valid international driving license is required.
Apply before 22 April 2016.
For further information, click here.