In the context of the modernisation of the ACT Alliance’s website, the communications team is seeking a consultant to optimise the performance of its web presence.
The consultant will be asked to perform the following tasks:
- Plan for removal of an existing custom theme, which does not serve us any longer, without losing website performance;
- Add an interactive map to the homepage to replace static: https://actalliance.org/
- Add an icon-based thematic gallery on the homepage to replace the existing photo gallery.
- Add an interactive map to the Humanitarian page https://actalliance.org/humanitarian-2/ and integrate with appeals and RRF tracking system.
- Optimise of ACT news (posts) back end and tagging system;
- Optimise of tagging systems;
- Optimise the thematic pages (6);
- Optimise photo galleries and the filter section on specific pages (see example here: https://actalliance.org/humanitarian-2/#filters).
- Optimise of SEO;
- Revamp of the ACT assembly web page.
Information on the web page
The current platform used is hosted on WordPress. The site is built using DIVI and structured around a custom theme that we would like to remove for security and stability reasons.
How to proceed to be considered
- An email with an expression of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com by 18 of November, 2022.
- A meeting between the communications team and the applying consultant will be organised to answer all questions the consultant might have to build the plan and quote;
- The consultant will apply including in the application: a plan, with visual mock-ups for each page, and a step-by-step approach on how to remove the custom theme with a risk analysis and alternatives; The application should include a timeline and the list of all people who will work on this project and their CVs.
- The communications team will select two candidates.
- A second meeting will be scheduled for the two candidates to present the plan and answer the question the communications team might have.
- The communication team will make the final selection. The contract will be signed by 21st of December 2022.
- The project will begin in January 2023.