• The COP23 in Bonn
• The ACT Delegation
• Press releases
The COP23 in BonnThe 23rd Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) COP 23 will be held in Bonn, Germany between the 6th and 17th of November 2017. The Pacific Island nation of Fiji will preside over the COP.
COP 23 will build on the progress made in previous years and particularly that of the Paris Agreement of COP21, which aims to keep global temperature rise below 2°C, with efforts to keep temperature rise to 1.5°C. COP23 is a meeting of a technical nature, with much emphasis on developing the rulebook for the implementation of the Paris Agreement. COP23 is of great importance to ensure that all details of the Paris Agreement are decided such that they will facilitate the process of ambitious climate action in the years to come.
The ACT DelegationACT Alliance will be present at COP23 with a delegation of representatives from both the north and south. The ACT Alliance delegation at COP 23 will engage in the process, advocating for ambitious and fair outcomes for the implementation of the Paris Agreement, guided by the principles of equity, human rights and gender justice.
ACT Alliance will mobilize its members at COP23 to safeguard the integrity of creation through its ACT Now for Climate Justice Campaign. The ACT Now for Climate Justice Campaign aims to bridge the technical, moral and ethical perspectives on climate justice. The ACT Alliance delegation will aim to influence policy in favor of climate justice, holding governments and policy makers to account on their commitments.
Newsletters• COP23 Newsletter N.01
• COP23 Newsletter N.02
Blogs• [COP23 Blog] Climate Action means implementation of the Paris Agreement
• [COP23 Blog]There's still tie for ambitious action at COP23
• [COP23 Blog] Gender and Climate Change
• [COP23 Blog] Climate Finance – two words and so many interpretations
• [COP23 Blog] A decarbonised world is a chance for eradicating poverty
• [COP23 Blog] Stolen Land Stolen Future: Land use at the center of international climate politics
• [COP23 Blog] Beyond Adaptation
• [COP23 Blog] 25.000 unite to demand Climate Action
Stories• [COP23 News] ACT Alliance and The Lutheran World Federation call on people of faith to act on climate justice
• [COP23 News] Addressing loss and damage from climate change at COP23
• A silent disaster and the forgotten people
• Drought in the Horn of Africa: The challenge to respond with a mindset of emergency
• Responding to floods victims in Nepal
Press releases• [COP23 Press Release] “We must increase climate action and global solidarity with the vulnerable,” says ACT Alliance
• [COP23 Press Release] Global church leaders urge COP23 to take action
• [COP23 Press Release] The Implementation of the Paris Agreement must protect and promote the principles of human rights, gender justice and equity
• [COP23 Press Release] Global churches act together for climate justice in call to COP23
• Hurricanes expose the urgent need to address vulnerability
• Presenting the ACT Alliance Disaster Risk Reduction- Climate Change Adaptation Award 2017
• Climate justice must be prioritized, say ACT Alliance, the Lutheran World Federation and the World Council of Churches
MediaKitOur ACT Delegation consists of experts and observers on various thematic topics. Below are some of the twitter handles of some members of our delegation who will be tweeting during COP. We invite you to follow and engage in the various conversations online.
Below you can find social media images to enrich your tweets and facebook posts.